The Department of Education and Sport Development together with the Provincial Sports Confederation have embarked on the creation and hosting of the North West Sport Awards, in a bid to reward, North West Sport Stars, Administrators, Coaches and media personalities for their efforts in keeping the passion of sport alive through their efforts in local and international sports events.
The North West Sports Awards have been created to recognize and honor individuals and teams who have excelled both on and off the field in the past twelve (12) months, April 2016 to March 2017 period. This awards are held in line with the South African Sport and Recreation plan as pronounced by the National Department of Sport and Recreation.
- Administrator of the year
- Sportsman of the year
- Sportswoman of the year
- Sportsman of the year with a Disability
- Sportswoman of the year with a Disability
- Coach of the year
- Team of the year
- Federation of the year
- Journalist of the year
- School of the year
- Developing School Team of the year
- MEC’s Awards
- North West Sport Legends Award
- Lifetime Sport Achiever Award
- Community Developer Award
- Posthumous Award(if necessary)
The categories are aligned with National format and all provinces must adhere to the same format.
Generic Criteria for Nominees:
A Nominee must-
- Be a North West Province Citizen
- Conform to the definition of a Provincial Federation in terms of the National Sport and Recreation Act, 1998.
- Be a registered member of a Provincial federation recognized by PSC and recognized by National Federation, having excelled in the consideration Awards qualifying period.
- Be recognized and registered as a School by the Department of Basic Education.
No nominations will be accepted after the closing date.